Just to be 100% sure, I did it again with another company, refresh newsfeed, and see an ad for that company almost immediately.
How is Facebook tracking me? My thought process goes like this:
- can't tracking by IP because the devices were on different networks
- can't be cookies (or super cookies) because different devices (also incognito)
- unlikely based on location because not precise enough with LTE
1) browser fingerprinting on my mobile phone linking me to an identity and that data is fed into Facebook in real-time?
2) My cellular provider is funneling data to Facebook?
Am I missing something?